Plans for our future

Monday, March 19, 2012


I know a lot of you have been wondering what's been up with our family lately, mostly friends asking questions and since I have been so overwhelmed with things I have been hesitant to share.
It's been so long since I've updated most of my friends back home, I thought I would do that.
I personally could not appreciate your prayers anymore than I do. I'm so thankful for the simple but incredibly powerful gift of prayer! I hope you will continue to pray for the Osburn family as I update you ( a little more regularly I hope :)) and I also would LOVE to pray for you, so just leave me a comment or shoot me an email letting me know to do so :).
It's been crazy around the O household.
We have been praying for the Lord to guide us the right direction as far as career paths for Tim, we had decided that it would be best for one more re-enlistment of three years and then get out of the Army being a little more financially secure. We were really hoping for a small army post, simpler living, and a slow easy way of life :) Tim had already talked with retention to let them know of his plans to re-up and I was excited at the new adventure we would be facing.
Our family has literally been sooo very sick since living on post here at Ft. Hood, that the thought of moving was greatly anticipated.
Two weeks, before Tim's re-enlistment date, we got word that our family had come down on orders, GERMANY!
We were overwhelmed by the very thought of moving our 3 small children under the age of 5 to a foreign country. (yes, we know that's part of the military)
But just when we thought we had decided to go on the adventure, another kink came into the mix....
I found out I was pregnant! Very sweet baby 4 would be on the way, Tim and I discussed it and thought that the very best decision would be for our family to move on from the army life.
We were not excited about the possibility of Tim deploying from a foreign country and me delivering and taking care of four little kiddos.
I was at peace with his decision and was excited to bring a new member into our family, although very unexpected this baby was.soooo.LOVED.
 
Tim let his chain of command know his decision and I was excited that I would be "home" for the arrival of sweet baby Osburn.
 
Fast forward a few weeks, and I was adjusting to all of the new changes that would be coming our way in LESS than 9 months. When all of the sudden, I was horribly achy, and just not feeling well. In the middle of cooking dinner i felt like something was just not right, and that night I lost the baby. The next few days I got even more sick, and even went to the er because of my flu-like symptoms. I was so sad at this loss and I was admitted to the hospital the next day for a bad infection. I was in for 2 and a half days and pumped full of three different i.v antibiotics. I came home with pain meds and two additional antibiotics.
 
It's been a really crazy, overwhelming, couple of months and quite honestly it feels like just the beginning.
I ask that you would pray for sweet baby Osburn, who is now in heaven, I am comforted by knowing that the Lord does not make mistakes, and that his plan is much more beautiful than I can imagine.
I also ask that you would pray for our family to have no more sickness for a while and that the Lord will show us the ways we are supposed to go for our future.
 
"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus"
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
 
 

2 comments:

  1. praying for you and your family sweet friend. I'm here if you need to talk regarding the miscarriage. I've been there and it is difficult emotionally. Trust in God. He is your strength, provider and the one that satisfies all your needs. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alia, sorry to hear that things have been so challenging for you and your family. I am praying for improved health and continued strength and courage as you continue to make your way through life's immediate twist and turns. A huge hug to you and your little ones. Love, Charlene

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Disqus for yellowribbondiary.blogspot.com