the virus

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Y'all. Seriously my house has been a hot mess this past week. Yes it's pretty much always a mess because... kids.
But apparently a virus called " hand, foot, mouth" has invaded. All of my kids have had this before, and I thought, no biggie, And I'm not even joking when I say this- I would rather be vomiting, or any other virus you could give me.
Supposedly, it's VERY rare for adults and even children over the age of 5 to get this, but I'm not normal I guess.
It is a rash, all over my feet, inside my mouth and throat, and covering my hands. When I say rash, you think- no big deal- ummm no.  I can not eat. I can only have very cold drinks or I feel like my mouth has been set on fire. I can only wear slippers to do school drop off.
Think canker sores all over. True story. Fever, body aches, and a missing husband who has been gone before we wake up and home after we have gone to bed. All stinking week. I'm over it.
Of course it started with baby Ben, then came to me and then hit my 9 year old. Skipping my 4 and 6 year old altogether. It lasts about a week apparently and today is day 4.

OMG- pray that I don't lose my stinking mind by the time this is gone. And that NO BODY else gets it.



10 comments:

  1. Oh no!!!! :( I hope everyone feels better! Sending lots of love your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I've heard of this but never knew it could be so painful or serious! Praying for you, sweet girl :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mckenna! I'm on day nine and only blisters on my feet. So it's SLOWLY going away.

      Delete
  3. Ugh the stomach bug got us! Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no...! That doesn't sound like fun at all... Hang in there...! And get better soon...! Wish I could come over and help you out... xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH NO!! Feel better! I hadn't even heard of HFM until we got to Hawaii. The baby and I both had it earlier this year. Not fun at all!! Hope you start feeling better quickly. I don't think it lasted a full week for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, this is literally day 9 and it hurts SO bad to walk. My mouth and hands have cleared up though. Thank God!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!

Disqus for yellowribbondiary.blogspot.com