On turning 2

Saturday, November 21, 2015

On Thursday, my sweet Benjamin Aaron turned two. Seriously I don't even know how that happened. Two years came and went in the blink of an eye. The older I get the faster time seems to go.
I can remember the day he was born SO clearly.
He was two weeks late and when I got to the hospital and was begging for an epidural in triage, they quickly told me I was already 9/10 cm and wouldn't be getting that epidural. (This was my second all natural birth, I'm not sure why I was flipping out for that epidural.) I walked NAKED to the delivery room. Seriously I was wearing only a sports bra and I refused to get into a delivery gown because they are itchy and uncomfortable and I wanted nothing to touch my body. My sweet husband just held up a sheet and followed behind me. That poor, sweet man who had to follow behind looking at that huge pregnant butt. lol Luckily, I was the ONLY delivery at the hospital that night, every nurse on the floor was in my room. I felt completely at ease knowing he was coming and honestly I was just so ready for this baby to be here!
We were surprised with his sex and when he came not even an hour later. my heart was completely full. His little personality was already so evident. Laid back- easy going, fat little 9 pounds 4 oz.
You can read more about my delivery here- if you feel inclined :)

What a joy it is to be his mama. Even though I never got to sleep until he was about 20 months old, it was so worth it. His Paw Patrol birthday bash will be on Sunday and I can't wait to see how he reacts to opening gifts and blowing out candles. sweet boy.
Until then I will bombard you with pics from his 2 years of life!


hours after birth! Brand new and a very tired mama.




Big TWO year old!






11 comments:

Thanks for stopping by!

Disqus for yellowribbondiary.blogspot.com