Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, as you can tell it's been CRAZY around here from my last post.
One of my best friends Michael, was murdered. He was walking to his mom's really late at night after he and a friend had gotten in a fight. His friend was following along in his car after Michael asking him to get back into the car when, 2 "gangsters" said something to him, he replied back and I guess that's how the fight started. They stabbed him five times in the left side of his chest. His friend rushed him to the hospital and he was pronounced dead just a few minutes later.
That is the very shortened version, but you get the overall idea.
I know you have heard of those people who were friends with everyone, and that is exactly what Michael was. A truly genuine, incredible person. He didn't deserve this, nobody does and my heart just breaks for his family.
I am so lucky to have gone home while my husband was deployed. Michael and I got to spend time together. He came over to spend time with my kids, so I could just sit on the couch. He came over for dinner sometimes and even took my son and I to a Christmas parade. My son absolutely adored him.
Michael, I love you!


It's been pretty surreal. Life must continue on, and I have to take care of my babies and this baby in my tummy :) We have decided to stop with the recruiting stuff as of now and just continue to pray about it. We are going to be moving on post so we can save some money and hopefully meet some good friends for our time remaining here. I would appreciate all prayers you could say for his family and also for us over here. It's just a hard time, but I know we are going to get through this and be stronger for it.

5 comments:

  1. I was starting to wonder where you were. Still sending prayers your way sweetheart! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so incredibly sad, I had a really good friend get killed in May, and I remember how terribly sad it is and the lingering hurt inside. Your family will continue to be in my prayers. Btw the Casting Crowns song is awesome!! Very helpful in this kind of situation. Keep your head up, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry. Prayers to you and yours. May God give you strength to get through these next few difficult weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so very sorry for your loss. I'll be thinking about you and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry hon! Just know he is in a better place.One day you will see him again. Your in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Disqus for yellowribbondiary.blogspot.com