Life

Sunday, October 2, 2011

It has been seriously months since I have updated!

Things have been a roller coaster since the day I found I out was pregnant with baby number 3. He is here by the way, he is healthy, and incredible and I promise to tell all about him later.


The day I found out I was pregnant was a shock. We quite literally trying NOT to get pregnant, but God had different plans for this family.

I had horrible morning sickness and sank into somewhat of a depression.

I was shocked to be pregnant, still taking care of 2 very little ones and my husband had just returned from his deployment to Afghanistan.

It was a very hard transition. I was so excited to have a sweet baby but was also sad that it was not happening quite how I had expected.

Anyways fast forward to February 2011 and here comes sweet baby: TEVIN SLOAN

We were so surprised he was a boy and thrilled to be a new family of 5!

My birth went okay, not at all how I had planned (which I still think about constantly) and I will post more about that later.

And here I was, a new mommy, had a brand new 2 year old and a 4 year old.

I was exhausted, overwhelmed and scared about how to even approach this new life.


So that's about it, whew... just reading it makes me overwhelmed.

I have since suffered from terrible postpartum depression.

So that's whats been going on.

It has been hard to say the least.


I haven't been the mommy I wanted to be.

I haven't been the kind of wife I have aspired to be.

I have been overwhelmed, and cranky, sad, emotional.

I am not even close to the person I really am,

when I look in the mirror I wonder who this woman is staring back at me.


So, that's why I have not posted.

I am trying now, I feel like I am crawling my way out of my funk.

God is good and with Him and I am getting better.



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the newest little addition and just know you're not the only one struggling. Also, remember that whatever has you down just know that you can beat it and overcome it-- we all need help and support sometimes so never be afraid or reluctant to reach out. Best of luck and can't wait to hear more about Tevin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to the newest addition! I'm currently pregnant in my 2nd trimester with the worst morning sickness still.. UGH. I hope thinks look up for you, you can't move up unless you hit bottom. So just let it run its course and then gain the strength to move up.. Good luck

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Disqus for yellowribbondiary.blogspot.com