Saturday, January 26, 2013


 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 2 Corinthians 12:9

I can't even begin to explain how much comfort this verse has brought to me as of late. I had stumbled upon it a few weeks ago while reading up, and I just felt like the Lord was speaking directly to me. I love when that happens, perfect timing, perfect verse, perfect peace.
 
We have been praying so much over our future and also trying to be content in this season. I admit this has been really hard for me. I felt like Fort Hood was our home and when we left it felt as if the only home I had really known with my husband and kids was ripped away from me.
 
I have been working on trying to get this to feel more like home, unpacking quickly, setting up the kiddos bedrooms, trying to get back into a schedule. It has felt like a weird dream. I haven't been able to get back into a groove, and it has just really been frustrating me.
 
I've felt so worn out.
 
I was just so concerned that we haven't gotten involved in a church, and I was feeling really separated from God and His word, and really feeling defeated. Then the verse happened.
 
My weakness, well let me tell y'all. I AM WEAK. Weak over this whole situation, over this unsteady feeling. I am a total planner and I have felt like nothing has been in my control. I am thinking maybe the Lord has a sense of humor because I have been in control of nothing :) I had been feeling like a failure, trying so hard to make it feel like it did in Fort Hood. But the truth of the matter is that I couldn't and I would never be able to do that, My weakness was enabling the Lord to be strong for me. I was trying to be strong when the whole time the Lord was showing me to. stop. let myself be weak.
His GRACE is enough for me at this very moment.
while my kids are screaming.
while my dishes are piled.
while my bed is not made.
while the future feels so very uneasy.
His Grace is enough.
 
So this week, I'm trying to rest in that promise. I'm boasting of my weakness, so He can be lifting me up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Disqus for yellowribbondiary.blogspot.com