The MP Ball

Friday, August 27, 2010

12 weeks here, and yes my belly is HUGE already :)

This is my hubby's ssgt. As you can tell they had been drinking a little bit
One of my hubby's soldiers

I love this sweet man.


This was my very first ball! I had a lot of fun. I thought my feet would seriously fall off though from my lack of high heel wearing days, but the shoes were hot. Childcare was provided but only until 10 and the formal part of the ball wasn't over until 9:45 so I didn't get to dance 1 time :( But overall we had a great time.
My hubby's 1sgt. literally yelled at me. LOL He was drunk and came over and told me he needed to talk to me. I was nervous and he told me how he couldn't BELIEVE I wanted Hubs to go recruiting and that it would ruin our marriage. And he also proceeded to tell me how his wife kicked him out while he was a recruiter, and on and on. (He was the reason I didn't get to dance) So, have you guys heard this about recruiting??


Oh and p.s. I have never had someone cuss like that in a conversation EVER, I know that's how they talk to one another but.. yikes..


8 comments:

  1. I am glad you two had fun! You look great! I have had several friends hubby's who were recruiter's they are Christian families and although I know the hours are tough they are just thankful their husbands aren't deployed (some of them have already had four deployments) I think every family is different! I wish you luck in whatever is best for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear recruitment work involved very very long hours and that is why it's tough on some families. I'd love it if my hubby was doing recruitment because I think he'd find that very enjoyable. Everyone is different, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really don't like when people say a marriage won't make it through a difficult situation because other people may have failed. It may be hard, but when you're grounded in God and committed to each other things should work out. Wherever you go next it will be okay. Remember, the military may send you somewhere, but God assigns the orders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look fantastic!!!
    and personally, I think every situation is different and every person handles things differently. If after talking it over with your husband you feel recruiting is the right thing, then go for it! Noone knows your marriage like yall do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look pretty! I was showing early too with my first baby. I don't have the scoop on recruiting, but I agree totally with Amanda. Pray and ask God for wisdom on the situation...He'll tell ya! Have a great day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! I don't know bout all but the 5 wait no 7 couples I know that have done recruitment duty for the Army, Navy, and the Corps have had some hard times. Harder then I watched them deal with deployments. I think it also has to do with the recruiting command as well. There have been some nice ones and some bad ones. If you don't make quotas you risk being in trouble. Your career is in the hands of people who have for the most part have no clue what they want to do with their lives.They made it through, some better then others but what is life without a struggle to find out where you're rooted and the strengths are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so awesome girlie!!!!!! Loved your dress! Looked like such a fun night!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so beautiful!! Did your husband get recruiting? My husband just started recruiting for the Marines and it is really hard we never see each other he works from 7am to 9pm or later everyday but Sundays. :( and it is hard to get people to join right now so it is stressful. But I am very thankful he is not in Afghanistan so that is a blessing. But it does get very lonely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Disqus for yellowribbondiary.blogspot.com