Army Family

Sunday, May 27, 2012

The Lord has been teaching me a lesson about him providing for me and for our family.
 Trust me when I say that I am a slow learner.
That was until Tuesday, I found out my Granny was being put on hospice.
 We were told she had little time and I absolutely knew I had to come home to see her and to say goodbye.
I rushed around getting me and the kiddos packed up thinking I would leave Tuesday night, that was until I took my car to get a quick oil change and the sorta funny noise it has been making on and off for the past few weeks was staying put.
 The man who changed my oil offered no help, so a man in the waiting area offered to take a peak for me, he was a civilian (retired) and working as a mechanic on post now.
 He looked under the hood with my hubby and said he didn't think it was a good idea to be traveling.
 I was so sad knowing I may not get the van fixed in time to see my Granny.
We called a couple rental car agencies and they had nothing big enough, so when my hubby got home from duty on Wednesday morning we drove to several and they also had nothing large enough for all 3 car seats.
My husband and I had really prayed the night before that the Lord would show me how we needed to get home.
 A friend had offered for us to borrow her brand new 2012 Chevy Equinox, no lie.
We told her we felt like we would be taking advantage of her, but when we found out that the rental agencies had nothing we knew that this was what we felt like the Lord was showing us that he was our provider, and that this borrowed car was the way I would be able to get home.
How amazing that it worked out perfectly that she was going on leave for two weeks and it allowed her to offer this amazing gift to us. How amazing that we have made such good friends through the Army, it really is just like a family.
So needless to say, I am home.
My granny is still in hospice but I have seen her and loved on her.
And I made it all because the Lord does provide.

oh also... don't forget to check out my giveaway!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Disqus for yellowribbondiary.blogspot.com