National Day of Prayer

Thursday, May 3, 2012

It's National Day Of Prayer today.

I was thinking of all the things I have been praying about
 and the things I need to be praying for more often.
I sure do a good job asking God for things I need.
I also do a good job about telling the Lord about what I think should be going on in my life.
I don't do a very good job about praying for my children and for my husband. I usually do something pretty basic, short and sweet about each one of them. Also maybe a little generic, but I know this prayer time is so very important for my children. It's also so important I think for my hubby especially. To pray for him to lead our family strongly and to also be an encouraging wife for the man who provides for our family.
For friends and family asking for prayer, I try to take time out of my day immediately to pray for them. I don't feel like your prayer has to be very long to be effective, just heart felt and genuine.
So that's my goal to pray over my children more and for each one of them specifically and for each of their needs.
Also to pray for my husband more specifically, more for ways I can be helpful and supportive.
For all my words to be kind, to be filled with grace, and for patience to be overflowing from me.
Trust me I am not good with these things.
I try to not judge.
I try to always speak kindly.
I try to show patience even though I may have none, but I fail big time!
That's where praying comes in!

1 Thessalonians 5:17 "Pray without ceasing"

If you have something you would like me to pray about, please feel free to email me or leave a comment :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Disqus for yellowribbondiary.blogspot.com