Thinking on a Thursday :)

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Another Award! Sarah over athttp://gijoeswife.blogspot.com/ hooked me up with an award. As soon as the craziness passes at this house I'll be sure to pass it on! Thanks girly! She is a super new military wifey and could always use some encouragement!
So not much here, just getting ready for partying down for little A and then I'm going to go out of town to spend some time with my family before R&R gets here! I'm beyond excited, but a little nervous for the changes it's going to bring. When the Hubs returned from Korea it was a SUPER hard adjustment and now we have 2 kiddos in the mix, so I'm wondering how things will go but I can't wait until he is here! WOOOO HOOOOO lol
On a side note, I received in the mail a book I have been wanting a while called, To Train Up A Child, let me just say I am all for kids needing a spanking when they have been super naughty, but these people actually suggest you switch ( yes that's right a switch from a tree!) your 5 MONTH old baby! No, I'm not joking. It's books like this that give Christians a bad name, I am quite positive that God would not switch an INNOCENT 5 month old. He is a merciful God and can forgive all the transgressions we adults can do, I'm sure he is most merciful towards children. I was in shock when I read this. I actually still am, I can't even imagine that in my head without cringing. Poor babies! I am going to continue reading the book, just because its like a train wreck, I just can't take my eyes off of it. So I'm sure I'll have another rant about this book in a future post.
I'm hope you are all ready for the weekend, I sure am and one week down only three and a half to go!
Alia

1 comment:

  1. That is such a horrible book :( I can't believe people do that. Especially in the name of Christ :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Disqus for yellowribbondiary.blogspot.com